RSS : Articles / Comments


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Working on Rafting and Pottery lately

2:19 PM, Posted by Unknown, 10 Comments

 

I’ve been working quite a bit lately. I get up in the morning and wonder which hat to wear first, since each job requires a different hat, and lately I’ve been getting hat hair. The last few days the weather has improved and I’ve been able to fire the pottery outside during the day and work on rafting inquiries at night.

I have done both barrel-fired and some raku. I built a new, bigger raku kiln and some of my pieces have really taken off. So here is some of the barrel fired and some raku.

Barrel Fired

P1011051P1011079

Raku

P1130021 P1130022

          P1130023

It sure helps when the weather cooperates and you can work with better equipment!

Blogger Labels: Rafting,Pottery

10 Comments

aims @ January 13, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Absolutely incredible!

This time around you took my breath away David. Seeing what is coming out of the kilns is such a fantastic surprise!

They won't be staying around for long!

Anonymous @ January 14, 2010 at 1:08 PM

These are beautiful, so glad Aims pointed us towards your blog xx

Bernie @ January 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM

These are really, really lovely. You do wonderful work and I always have a soft spot for those who are so creative and then share their gifts with us all, I must thank Aims for recommending your site, quite enjoyable......:-) Hugs

Saz @ January 14, 2010 at 4:10 PM

wow the first two look like wood...and the last two have that iridescent lustre l adore....are they for sale???

Dr.John @ January 14, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Your pottery has life in it. Glad your sister sent us here.

glenda @ January 14, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Hi, Im new to your post and just started reading it so far im hooked ) and I love your work-Tanny

Irene @ January 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I very much like the barrel fired pottery. I love the colors of it.

Anonymous @ January 15, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Very beautiful shapes with fab glazes. Gorgeous.

bichonpawz @ January 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Absolutely awesome pottery! Really beautiful!!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor @ January 17, 2010 at 3:04 PM

David you do such beautiful work! Aims is such a good girl for sending us all your way to see your wonderful art! Take care of her. She means a lot to all of us!