RSS : Articles / Comments


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The rewards of Rafting?

7:54 PM, Posted by Unknown, No Comment

There are many reasons for people coming out on one of our tours. They expect the expertise we have will ensure that they will get the most out of the experience in a manner with safety and convenience in mind.

I have been in the rafting business with Otter Rafting Adventures for 30 or so years and have plenty of years of experience to teach from. But there is a reason I have stuck with it through all that time. I have found I enjoy making other people have fun and watching them having it. There are not many businesses that are all about fun and adventure. This one is the best there is!!

With many years of experience, I have seen the river at nearly every level from barely enough to float the raft, to the river was about to start floating the lodged trees on the waters edge and in log jambs (un-nerving). This is the knowledge I have and train staff for.

The staff consists of your trusted guides as well as the unseen ground support staff that is following your trip providing the equipment, the shuttle service and maybe a meal too.

Here are some ideas expressed from staff that are in their first year of guiding or being involved. From the guide applicants I found the talented potentials, hired them and then the real training began. You can read between the lines to see what makes them tick.

Katryna Says
"WHITE WATER RAFTING
Many people I ask to come out rafting for the day shudder and their eyes widen in fear as they shake their head saying, 'Oh no, no I don't think I would do THAT.' The fact is the fear you feel is natural because of the unfamiliarity with what you may be exposed to. You may even visualize yourself being put into an uncomfortable place and setting. This is understandable but that is exactly where many people miss out on an adventure in their life they wish they experienced sooner. As a guide, I see it in every single trip. There are some that not quite sure of their decision but, without fail, by the end of the day they are the wettest, most energized and most relieved of the group. How interesting! I hope everyone chooses to come out and have a grand adventure, one that YOU can make your own with lots of laughter."

And check out Devon’s thoughts at his blog:

A day on / in the water with Devon

No Comment